Herods Vitalis Hotel in Eilat: Israel’s Exclusive Luxury Resort within Herods Palace by the Red Sea
5-star hotel in Eilat, Israel ✈
Driving to Eilat from the north of Israel provides you with many beautiful places to explore along the way. However, another option, which is the one I chose for this trip, is to fly to Eilat from Tel Aviv, making it a convenient and quick way to reach this southernmost point of Israel. Upon arrival, I opted for a Gett taxi, a popular ride-hailing service akin to Uber, to reach my destination: the Herods Vitalis Hotel & Spa, part of the Herods Hotel complex in Eilat.
Book a Tour: Top Eilat Tours
“My stay at Herods Vitalis Hotel in Eilat was a wonderful experience. The combination of luxurious accommodation, diverse dining options, and beautiful natural scenery made it an unforgettable visit.”
Eilat: A Brief History
Eilat, historically a strategic port and copper mining area, has transformed into a popular tourist destination. Located at the northern tip of the Red Sea, it's renowned for its stunning coral reefs, desert landscapes, and a year-round dry, warm climate. Today, Eilat is a hub for water sports, desert adventures, and luxury tourism.
The Herods Hotel Complex
Herods Hotels are part of the Fattal Hotel Chain, which is one of the largest hotel chains in Israel. Founded by David Fattal, the Fattal Hotel Chain operates numerous hotels throughout Israel, as well as a significant presence in Europe. The Herods brand within the Fattal group is known for its luxury accommodations and is often positioned in prime locations, offering high-quality services and amenities. Herods Hotels are designed to provide a unique and upscale experience, often featuring thematic decor and architecture that reflect the historical and cultural aspects of their locations.
The Herods Hotel Complex in Eilat is comprised of three distinct sections:
1. Herods Palace: The main hotel of the complex, Herods Palace, is the epitome of opulent design and architecture, offering guests a blend of modern amenities and historical charm.
2. Herods Boutique: This is a smaller, more intimate setting within the complex, known for personalized services catering to guests seeking a quieter experience.
3. Herods Vitalis Hotel: My choice of stay during this trip, Herods Vitalis, stands out as an exclusive retreat within the complex. It focuses on a serene and adult-only experience, ideal for those seeking tranquility and pampering.
First Impressions and Room Description
After a smooth check-in process, I ascended to my room, which exuded a sense of luxury and comfort. The most striking feature was the decorative canopy that added an elegant touch to the room's ambiance. The bathroom was on elegant and similar to other high-end hotels. Stepping out onto the balcony, I was greeted by a breathtaking view of the sea, with majestic mountains framing the horizon. To the east, I could see the Red Mountains of Jordan and to the west, Egypt was not far in the distance. The room also offered a partial view of the hotel's pool, adding to the serene experience.
As a guest at Herods Vitalis, a fully kosher hotel, I had access to the Executive Lounge, located in the Lawrence Restaurant. This small and intimate setting, with attentive waiter service, provided a cozy dining experience. However, I often found myself drawn to the larger Palace Hotel dining room. The buffet there was extensive, reminiscent of a lavish wedding banquet, with a never ending array culinary delights to choose from.
Pool and Beach Facilities
The hotel's pool area was a refreshing oasis, perfect for relaxation. The pools, well-maintained and inviting, were a highlight of my stay.
The beach adjacent to the hotel, while picturesque with its colored pebbles, presented a unique experience. The large pebbles, though not as comfortable underfoot as sand, added a distinct charm to the beachfront.
Exploring the Promenade
The area between the beach and the hotel is a lively promenade, where I enjoyed leisurely strolls. It's lined with a variety of other hotels, shops, and eateries, offering a glimpse into Eilat's teeming tourist life.
Herods Hotel in Eilat is not just a place to stay; it's a destination in itself, offering a range of experiences and amenities. Here are some additional aspects of the Herods Hotel in Eilat that might interest you:
Herods Hotel Features
1. Themed Architecture and Design: Herods Hotel is known for its unique architectural design that reflects different historical periods and themes, creating an immersive experience for guests. This design approach extends to the interior decor, which is often a blend of modern luxury and historical elements.
2. Spa and Wellness Facilities: Herods Vitalis, in particular, is renowned for its spa and wellness facilities. These include a variety of treatment rooms, saunas, and relaxation areas, offering a wide range of therapeutic and beauty treatments. The focus on wellness and relaxation is a key aspect of the guest experience here.
3. Recreational Activities: The hotel offers a range of activities, including fitness classes, water sports, and guided tours. These activities are designed to take advantage of Eilat's unique geographic location and the hotel's extensive facilities.
4. Family-Friendly Options: While Herods Vitalis is an adult-only retreat, the other parts of the Herods complex, like Herods Palace and Herods Boutique, offer family-friendly accommodations and activities. This includes kids' clubs, family-oriented entertainment, and children's pools.
5. Event and Conference Facilities: The hotel also caters to business travelers and event planners, with a variety of conference rooms and banquet facilities. These spaces are equipped with modern technology and can be used for corporate events, weddings, and other large gatherings.
6. Environmental Commitment: Herods Hotel has initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact. This includes energy conservation measures, water-saving practices, and efforts to reduce waste.
7. Local Exploration and Tours: The hotel can arrange various tours and excursions for guests interested in exploring the surrounding areas. These might include trips to the Timna Valley, the Red Sea underwater observatory, or even a day trip to Petra in Jordan, which I enjoyed. I spent some time at the Eilat Coral Beach Reef Nature Preserve and explored the Ice Mall, a shopping complex with an ice-skating rink, shopping, dining, entertainment, and sport activities.
8. Diverse Dining Options: In addition to the dining experiences mentioned earlier, Herods Hotel offers a variety of other dining venues, including themed restaurants, bars, and casual cafes, each offering a unique experience.
My stay at Herods Vitalis Hotel in Eilat was a wonderful experience. The combination of luxurious accommodation, diverse dining options, and beautiful natural scenery made it an unforgettable visit. Herods Vitalis, with its focus on tranquility and exclusivity, stood out as a jewel in the Herods Hotel complex. Whether it was the stunning views from my balcony, the delicious food, or the leisurely walks along the pebbled beach and relaxing promenade, every aspect contributed to a memorable stay. Eilat's charm, coupled with the luxury of Herods Vitalis, truly makes it a must-visit destination for discerning travelers.
Book a Tour: Top Eilat Tours